Chatbots are a key piece when we talk about social media management. Here in San Diego, we work using the best digital marketing strategies to improve your business.
That’s why I am gone to talk with you about:
How Chatbots will prevent you from closing your business
After many years of massive adoption, Facebook finally slowed its growth rate.
An assumption of what drove this decision is they are focusing on another large communication platform: Messenger.
Why is everybody talking about Messenger?
How can you leverage it from a marketing standpoint?
Is it true that it will substitute your email inbox?
But wait, you should be the one making your conclusions. Let me share a few pointers so you can understand what’s happening:
• Messenger platform has over 1 billion active users.
• More than 2x the active users of Snapchat, Twitter and Pinterest combined.
• 80% of Facebook messages are open.
• 7-8 times higher click-through rate than email
Business owners and marketers should not be left behind and jump into this new trend to grow your audience in this channel faster than your competitors.
Chatbot experts like Sujan Patel or Marni Melrose have been working for many months now to share their insights and founding in this emerging field.
Sujan explains in his in-depth blog post that you can build a chatboy for these specific use-cases:
• For E-commerce. The eBay Shopbot integrates with the industry-leading Facebook Messenger and allows users to shop from within the messenger app itself. They can browse suggested items based on the conversation they have with the chatbot.
• For increasing conversions. Rosesland, a company that sells flower bouquets online in Mexico, has sold and persuaded people to buy products thanks to a well-crafted dialogue flow.
• For engagement and customer service. Aviation Infinity is an app that helps pilots to make their travel planning easier. They built a bot to provide similar functionalities of the native app, and you can consult essential information about your flight directly through Messenger.
• For generating leads. Like Yeshi, Created by a partnership between Lokai and Charity: Water, the chatbot lets users understand the daily struggle of millions of people just to get something many of us take for granted: clean drinking water.
It’s always great to generate leads, but what happens if you can’t convert them? You’re obviously going to be losing money and valuable time.
Marni on her blog post focuses on a critical point about your marketing process, and that is, setting up your leads into a CRM account to make sure that every potential business opportunity is visible in your funnel.
Once you have the full view of how leads will interact with your business through your Messenger bot, it’s always important to keep creating relevant content for your audience to consider your messages relevant.
It doesn’t matter how new or shiny this new channel looks like, but first and most importantly you have to understand how does your audience interacts with the platform, and then nurture the relationship with significant features or information that will help them reach their goals.
While this round-up explicitly covered this new trend about chatbots, believe it or not, there’s still so much to be implemented and learned from the different uses they can have.
For more on chatbots, check out Marni’s recap from Social Media Marketing World.
Luckily there is an event where you will learn all of these advancements and cutting-edge tactics.
HUG18: Disruptive Marketing is an entire day of workshops hosted and sponsored by the many names featured in this article.
You will have the opportunity to talk to the experts, get your questions answered, and gain access to the new insights that will help you grow your business faster.